In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
I was about six weeks postpartum when my fire started to go out. We had been running on E since Finnie James, as we call him, was born. With being a month early and living the NICU life for a couple of weeks, we had little time to do things like plan meals.
Friends and family went above and beyond to offer help. One, in particular, came over and showered us with love, bubble gum, and the most amazing pasta salad. Which I now consider to be the best ever post-partum food. It is unbelievably versatile and customizable.
I’ll share the basic recipe but don’t be afraid to spice it up with things like fresh chopped basil, feta cheese, bacon, or olives.
Tip: Make this in a big batch and add it to lunches all week long. Save the extra veggies in mason jars with these lids for quick and easy snacking. We keep them in the door of the fridge and my kiddos can grab them anytime they want.
Quick and Easy Pasta Salad
- 1 lb Spiral Noodles Sub bowtie or penne
- 1 Pepper I like to mix the colors but any will work
- 1/2 Red or Sweet Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Tomato Sub a drained can of petite diced
- 3/4 Cup Italian dressing More or less to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Garlic Salt + Pepper to taste
- Boil noodles until al dente
- Meanwhile, finely dice vegetables
- Mix dressing, olive oil, spices, and chopped veggies in a large bowl
- Drain noodles and toss with veggies and sauce
- Refrigerate for best taste and enjoy!